Post-Adoption Transitional Support Series
Featuring Jeanette Yoffe of Celia Center
1 Hour of Continuing Education
- Watch the Video
- Take the Test
- And Receive a Certificate of Completion!!!
Module 3 – Developmental Challenges for Adopted Children Age 6 – 8
NOTE: — After purchase, check your receipt for a special link that will enable you to watch the video.
This course was designed to help parents and professionals understand the developmental issues and care for adopted children age 6-8. This course helps the learner understand, that children at this age, have a more sophisticated sense of what it means “to be adopted” and will learn tools to help children make sense of their story more concretely.
- Teach the developmental tasks for the adoptee at this age.
- Educate common questions children have at this age.
- Provide therapeutic activities to do with children at this age.
- Explain developmental tasks for the adoptee at this age.
- Give examples of challenges to be aware of at this age, and what a parent and/or professional can do to help.
- Discuss two therapeutic tools to help children process and make sense of their story.
- Explain ways to help children learn how to set boundaries with peers in order to keep themselves safe emotionally.
The series is presented by Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Marriage and Family Therapist, founder and executive director of the Celia Center.
Celia Center is a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization that provides therapy and special services for the whole constellation of foster-related people: from foster children to adult foster children, from foster parents to hopeful parents of orphaned or foster children, from adoptive parents to birth parents.
Celia Center Inc is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #121492. The target audience is the following: educators,teachers, health providers, licensed professionals in the community: LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCCs, and/or LEP’s.
CEU Certificates are awarded to licensed professionals at the conclusion of the training. Course evaluations are completed before the awarding of CEU’s and Certificates.
Continuing Education Hours:
This course does meet the qualifications for One Hour of Continuing Education Credit for the California Board of Registered Nurses, Psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
About Celia Center
At Celia Center we address the critical mental health needs of anyone connected by foster care and/or adoption. We provide support groups, conferences, special events, workshops for adoptees, foster youth alumni children, parents thinking about adoption, foster parents, adoptive parents, and birth parents — so we include all members of the constellation to provide the support that is a lifelong process . . .
— Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Executive Director, Celia Center