of the Festival
Only works of art created by the artist(s) accepted by the Festival may be displayed or offered for sale. Only work in the medium category or categories in which the artist is accepted may be shown.
Work must be comparable in size, style, and quality to the work in images accepted through the jury process.
All work must be properly identified with no misleading labels. Reproductions of original work must be identified as such.
If you have questions about your application, please contact the Festival through our Contact Arts Festival page.
Conditions of the Festival
Celia Center Arts Festival upholds high standards of quality as a fine art and fine craft. The following ‘Conditions of the Festival’ help to ensure that these standards of quality are consistently met and help to make the Festival a good environment for artists to exhibit and sell their work. Failure to comply to the Conditions of the Festival may result in expulsion from this year’s and/or future festivals.
- The artist does NOT need to present during the entire festival. Artist will drop off their art within 4 days of the Arts Festival at a disclosed location to be exhibited in the space.
- All work must be original, designed and crafted by the applicant.
- No pets are permitted on the Artist Festival grounds.
- Ceramic: original clay work other than jewelry
- Drawing: two-dimensional works in pencil, chalk, pastel, charcoal, pen & ink
- Computer Graphics & Digital Art: original computer generated art, photographs that are artistically manipulated using a computer
- Non-wearable Fiber: non-wearable work crafted from fiber including fabric and paper
- Glass: glass work that has been hand-crafted by glass blowing, molding, casting or kiln-forming
- Precious Jewelry: any jewelry crafted from precious metals (gold, silver, gemstones, etc.)
- Non-Precious Jewelry: any jewelry crafted from non-precious materials (wood, clay, glass, etc.)
- Leather: any work crafted leather other than jewelry
- Metal: any work crafted from metal other than jewelry
- Mixed Media/Two-Dimensional: two-dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of physical material in their production (ceramic, fiber; wood/metal; assemblage, collage, etc.) These may include handmade books as well as wall art. If work submitted is created in more than one medium, please choose a category that represents the majority of the medium you use.
- Mixed Media/Three-Dimensional: three-dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of physical material in their production (ceramic, fiber; wood/metal; assemblage, collage, etc.) If work submitted is created in more than one medium, please choose a category that represents the majority of the medium you use.
- Musical Instruments: original, hand-crafted, functional musical instruments
- Painting: two-dimensional works in paint
- Photography: prints created from the artist’s original negative processed by the artist or under direct supervision of the artist
- Printmaking & Graphics: original works created using traditional printmaking methods including screenpriting, block, lithograph, serigraph, etc.
- Sculpture: three-dimensional original work created in any medium
- Wood: original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved
If you have questions about whether your work qualifies please contact the Festival through our Contact Arts Festival page.